-94 xj600S Diversion - pic & plans

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Saarijärvi
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Xj600S -94

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 am

Here*s my bike, back again, earlier topic has left builing some point.

Here is what bike looked some point, same colour. Not pictures bike. Bike has arrived in Finland 2006 Tax-free, Germany or some other popular place where bikes and cars come in to Finland, cheaper & low mileages for example reasons.

Last December i got the bike and someone has started to build it, some changes. I Taked apart bike and sanded paint away etc.

Parts fixed, tail piece reinforced and lifted up 35mm and other things, painted and back in place

Under the tail section was horrible looking, frame pipe cutted and all original stuff was there.. so.. something needed to do.

Rust protection paint and after that sanding colour.

Original side pieces cutted and molded

Reinforced with glassfiber

And parts look like this when ready now.. paint brushed smoked edges, Few layers of laquer, hydrophobic film and paint under. Bolted in original places in frame.

And almoust ready, after these pics i changed the rear blinkers what match better in rear light.

Other info and mods

- 55000km
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 -13 amoust new rear shock
- Grips & levers
- Timeless Bar & Risers
- New fuel cap & ignition switch
- Mirrors
- Koso gauge
- 4-2-1 exhaust
- DIY seat
- DIY side panels
- All blinkers & relay & rear light
- Stickers
- Frame modded and painted (next winter if i own the bike, powder coating), modded electrics and battery box.

At this point, i`m very satisfied the look of the bike, made myself and no one else :lolno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dnHOa ... e=youtu.be
- Opel on pop -

webman94
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: arizona
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Nice job, it looks great!

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks webman.

Today changed oils & filters and adjusted the suspension, also more spiral covers wrapped.

And bit of scientifical testing :)

https://youtu.be/w1DHaiUrHBw
- Opel on pop -

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:28 am

I just totally bored my megaphone silencer, it`s just too loud as you can hear, if you looked the video in earlier post.
Just made this simply exhaust.. db killer are there if needed. Not ready yet in pic and not in its Place properly, just testing the position in frame. Matt black heat resistant paint is there now in surface, carbon look stays for now, all else is black (not in pic)

Maybe not anymore racer look that much but lets see when i`m done.

Other things:

My clutch are making weird noises, all goes quiet when pulled the lever, and little rattle are there same time.
Need the check the famous oil pump pin, are there extra movement, same time new clutch parts maybe, not so expensive when looked prices.
- Opel on pop -

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:44 am

And ready.. Same time the ugly old sticker leaves. Very happy with sound, lot more softer and nicer to everyones ears.

Update 10.8.17 Just bought from Ebay tdm 850 hugger and ebc clutch kit, springs etc and pushing rod bearings and seal <-- wont come boring in garage. Hugger is what i want very much, you can imagine how the rear tyre throws mud etc. Lets see how it looks and do i paint it when fitted.
- Opel on pop -

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 pm

https://youtu.be/KazT_VtwrGU

I made new dovel pin from spring pin and inside of that i put drill bit and cutted to right size. Works nice. Clutch friction plates changed and one needle bearing. Still need to adjust the pushing rod etc. I get all back together today but little wrong position the rod came, i did not get the clutch wire attached.. Need to open the whole thing again if not possible get tools in my oil filler cap to get the parts in to right position.

Rear fender is now in my hands but i clutch first.
- Opel on pop -

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 am

One question guys & girls.. What does happen if thrust washer goes wrong way in? Any knowledge? Have not found info anywere.. Most sources told that its very important to put it correct way back.

I just managed get clutch work again, works great.. Lining of rods was the final thing. But when i open up oil filler cap, kind of grinding noise comes and when lever pulled it strenghens up.

When i started to plan clutch changing i sucked up all the info what was available, including manual. How i have missed thrust bearing.. Im like pretty sure thats the cause of sound, i lubricated bearing when opened etc but the symptoms are pointing in bearing IMO. Need to order new bearing.
- Opel on pop -

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:02 am

whathifi wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 am

And parts look like this when ready now.. paint brushed smoked edges, Few layers of laquer, hydrophobic film and paint under. Bolted in original places in frame.

These look awesome! I might have to do something similar...
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

whathifi
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 am

Driving season here is ending soon, well.. Really not affects me much cause dont have licence yet and driven this thing about 30km since i had this. Buuut.. Plan is to drive that at next spring.

Winter projects are going to be:

- paint rims black
- paint whole frame black
- paint brake calipers copper color
- tdm hugger finishing, glassfiber reinforced and heavy mod
- new headlight
- new battery box maybe
- Opel on pop -

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:32 am

I'm busy stripping and cleaning bits to paint too, hoping to have everything done for an MOT and riding early next year.

Did you get your clutch sorted? I've never pulled one apart so can't really help, but probably will have to at some point.
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93