Building one secaii from 2

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
mrblueberry
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Maine
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 yamaha seca ii

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 pm

So hear i have 1992 red seca and 94 parts bike. Red bike has no spark all four cyl. :thumbdown: What ive done so far: I did the nospark test from this site. Coils check out resistance primary,secondary and caps. All of my saftey switches are good as tested. Pick up sensor is with in range for ohms.tested the whole wiring harness i even swapped from the other bike! Relays check out good! Fuses all good all test lead back to cdi box yellow bike also had a cdi box but no luck whit spark.could i have 2 bad cdi boxes?
Progress ive made: swapped the bent forks out for the yellow bikes striaght ones. I took swing arm apart cleaned and regreased bushings. I went throuhg the carbs and fuel pump gave them a good cleaning inside and out. Degreesed motor frame wheels chain and sprocket witch look good😊bike was gross when i got it lol. Im conveting to a naked/streetfighter look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 am

Looks good so far, keep us updated with your progress.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

mrblueberry
New to XJR
New to XJR

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:03 pm

So Toady I figured out the no spark issue! For what ever reason when I unplugged the rear brake lamp connector from the harness it made the bike spark!!? :thumbsup: :prob: There must be a wire touching or something... didn't think that had anything to do with ignition. so fuel pump is spent even though i cleaned in side. I made a gatorade bottle gravity fed line. when i put gas in the floats all stuck open on me :( so after pumping excess gas out of the intake/plug holes i took the carbs apart and cleaned the needles and seats a second time that seemed to do it! So got it all hocked up choke on and se came to life!!! even though it sounded like a zombie lawn mower :lolno: I need to give the carb a more in depth clean and i think it will run nice.

mrblueberry
New to XJR
New to XJR

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 pm

So a much needed update ! Got a new 7" headlight and brakets. Preped, paited and developed front fender with cheap red spray paint took my time wet sanding and polishing :thumbsup: bike was running awful some one had the pilot screws 3 1/2 turns out!! Reset them to 2 and runs better. Now i need to get a petcock and fuel pump its to weak to keep up with carbs. And the petcock leaks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:32 pm

You did a nice job with the paint.

Rdrasher
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: Florida, USA
Motorcycles Owned Currently: (3) 92 Seca II's, 1993 GTS1000A

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm

fender looks good, but you'll want to sort out those forks and seals.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Rdrasher wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm
fender looks good, but you'll want to sort out those forks and seals.
I totally missed those. Yep, grimey. Add those (and a fork oil change) to your list.

mrblueberry
New to XJR
New to XJR

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 am

thanks! I'm working on a fuel delivery issue i have 2 weak pumps I'm converting to a 12v low psi carb fuel pump. and when the bike get hot seems to die :( the coils are good. i tested the pick up sensor coil with a heat gun on it didn't fail when got hot and had respectable resistance :ponder: i must have a bad connection or ground with is a whole other mess. fork seals will be next for sure just have not got to them yet :thumbdown:

Michaelphilip
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 yamaha xj600s

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Thats funny i have my yellow seca 2 and a red parts bike what are the odds lol
You can run but you will just die tired

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall