New Toys, Same Problems

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
HoarderConfirmation
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi Everyone!
First time posting so I guess I'll mix introductions with information. This is my first bike, 1992 xj600 Seca II, and I got it for $400 off of FB marketplace. FB Marketplace really hit the nail on the head with their simplicity of posting. Who wants upload photos from their device to their computer these days anyways right? Regardless, This is a $400 bike all around. Heres what it came with:
-Corroded sprocket and chain
-Classic no start problem with grinding noise - that would be my shredded starter gear
-Rusty gas tank
-One Mirror
-New battery :thumbsup:
-Suspicious master cyl on front disk - suspicious due to its lack of purging pressure - wheel stays locked
-Suspicious paint on the windscreen
-Disentegrated Fork seals
-Weathered controls
Theres some more stuff I'm forgetting. Now I know what you're all thinking and I can explain myself. The intention of this bike was to have something where I can take my time and go through this machine from head to toe to have at least ONE vehicle that I can just get in and go. Go with confidence knowing that I had at least seen everything that could cause a problem, and chosen to ignore it :ponder: Now, this is my first time with bikes, but my previous two projects were:
1) 1995 Audi 90Q powered by a 1988 Audi 5000 Turbo Quattro 5cyl - This was when Audi tried to mix mechanical fuel injection with turbos
2)1992 BMW 325is powered by a 1986 Ford 5.0L - This was just a genuine disappointment, sounded amazing though.

This is the part where I would add pictures of everything, but I'm new here. And everytime I try to upload to Cheverto, it is returning an "internal server error." Regardless, I promise to add more photos later if you all can help me :)
So I just about have the engine removed, and I'm about to order parts to crack it open. I wanted to check first with all of you to make sure that my parts list and procedure is correct.
The List: mostly from http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=6298

4BP-15512-00-00 starter gear 1
4BP-15517-00-00 starter gear 2
806732150 fel Pro 2009 Subaru Legacy Camshaft Seal
90338-48229 crankshaft Button
93102-35109-00 output shaft seal
93102-25233-00 stator shaft seal
93210-48460-00 stator seal retainer O-ring
93210-09350 oil galley O-ring
93210-13361-00 oil pump O-rings
4BR-15461-00-00 clutch cover gasket
3803-0041 clutch basket tool
4H7-16321-01-00 friction disks

Thats all I can think of right now for parts, and the list is more for documentation than anything. This is mostly off of PartZilla for that matter. I'm open to suggestions on different vendors :)
Lastly, I've never fiddled with transmission internals and certainly not from bikes. What do I need to know about getting the gears and shift forks out? Also, are there any extraordinary tools that I will need to proceed with this?

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login