Casper's 1994 Yamaha XJ600

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

I thought I would go ahead and make one of these for the pictures and such.

Started out as my first bike and the previous owner was an ***.

This is how I brought it home.

This happened a few days after I brought it home. Not all went back on.Image
Darn fuzzy pics.

So a little after I removed the plastics on the front and bought a Trail Tech Vapor gauge. I also got an Acerbis Cyclops headlights, don't get if you ride at night and don't want to put HIDs in.)

Here are more pretty pictures, these are after a spill that slightly tweaked the subframe and did some misc. damage.

Some interesting pictures of how it came to me...

Here is the second major change, I removed all of the body work and repainted her matte white. My bike was so recognizable at this point that my grandmother was able to pin point it on the highway. (Long story short, my bike was sitting on the inside shoulder due to a major oil dump.)

Ran into an R/R problem that burnt out a fancy gel cell and several bulbs in the Cyclops. Swapped that out and good as new with a new battery and RMA for the fancy one (I like good companies.).

Another spill prompted a change in bars from the dirties above to the clubmans below and after talking about it forever, I finally painted everything else and got her back on the road. This is how she sits today with more or less kinks in the paint due to removing the engine and various other tid bits. I also swapped out the front headlight to the better output single round and have been running that for a while now. Much nicer and much cleaner looking on her.

I have since been ordering parts in an effort to get ready for another major change on her.

I have in my possession the following to be put on on the 10th-18th.

2004 YZF-R1 tail upper, under tail, integrated tail light, solo seat cowl, and rider's seat.
2007 EX650 rear shock
1990 FZR600 upper triple
1992 FZR600 clip ons and clutch perch
Replacement bar end mirrors
Lots of paint (still gathering some more)

And gathering parts for another major change down the road for a front fork conversion, undertail exhaust, and possible swing arm modification.

This is a quick photochop of the modifications, plus or minus...

Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 213 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login