My Flat Tracker XJ600

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
LondonFlatTracker
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello all,

I bought this bike in Feb 2016 and most of the work was already done. However I had the rear frame rebuilt, a Ducatti Monster seat installed and all the tail lights etc. I think the seat fits really well with the bike.

Image Image Image Image

When I first got the bike it was blowing a bit of blue smoke at mid-range to high revs. Compression test revealed low compression on 4th cylinder. I bought a 2nd hand engine and had that installed, checked compression prior to install and all was good. After 100k's the dreaded blue smoke reappears. Checked compression and the 4th cylinder is low. Uggh. I have since installed yet another 2nd hand engine and after 200k's the dreaded blue smoke is back. It starts off with a lot of white smoke then changes to blue at mid-high revs. I'm yet to check compression but its the same exhaust side as 4th cylinder. I'll start a topic in the maintenance section but its doing my head in. Cant keep buying engines.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login