My Craigslist Project!

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Create a project page and tell us about the things you're doing to your XJ.
etch
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Suffolk, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 Yamaha XJ600 Diversion

Re: My Craigslist Project!

Post by etch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Man I am loving your ignition infills - sweet work! Clean and simple solutions like that always remind me of the industrial/military compressors my father built, just bombproof and no pretence. The red decals on the tank polish it off nicely. :clap: Was the seat hard to recover? I got some vinyl in the post today to do mine. Did you glue it at all or just go to town with the staple gun?
'If you get stuck, always use your spanner muscle - strongest muscle in your body, that'un. Where's that, eh?' *taps forehead* 'Tis up 'ere, you plonker'

Dustyblackwell
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Oklahoma
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 Yamaha seca ii

Post by Dustyblackwell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 pm

etch wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 pm
Man I am loving your ignition infills - sweet work! Clean and simple solutions like that always remind me of the industrial/military compressors my father built, just bombproof and no pretence. The red decals on the tank polish it off nicely. :clap: Was the seat hard to recover? I got some vinyl in the post today to do mine. Did you glue it at all or just go to town with the staple gun?
Thanks! I haven't recovered the seat yet, I actually just took saddle soap to the one that was on it to clean it up a little until I get some new fabric. I ordered some off of amazon and then the company emailed me and said they couldn't fill my order! :huh: but when I do it I plan to hear up the fabric in the drier, spray adhesive the foam then wrap it over and staple it down.

Dustyblackwell
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Oklahoma
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 Yamaha seca ii

Post by Dustyblackwell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Ok guys I posted a video of a short walk around of my bike running, I know I have a small exhaust leak at one of the headers (I need to replace an exhaust stud) but I think my valves sound normal I'm new to all of this?? However I've noticed it seems to be missing while firing and I can feel it on the road... I'm not sure if this is a timing issue, a carb sync problem, or something else??? Any ideas???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vkIjVR ... ture=share

buckinghamjf68
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Honda XL 125CC, XJ6 diversion

Post by buckinghamjf68 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Looks great, I am thinking about wrapping the pipes, now I have seen how they look on yours.