Karl's 93 Seca 2 BST (Blood,Sweat,Tears)

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
karlnad
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Soooooooo, awhile back (about 4 years ago) I've received a 93 Yamaha Seca 2 from a friend of mine who is currently in the military. But unfortunately, during then and now, I've been very caught up with school and work.

Finally with a little more free time on my hands being summer vacation. I FINALLY decided to start working on this bike.

So a quick run down of the bike.

It has been dropped a few times (previous owner) but still looks pretty good in it's condition. It has been sitting for a 2+ years, but didn't have any mechanical issues before sitting.

Noticeable Damage
-left cowl
-rear cowl
-rear tail light
-rear left turn signal
-road rash and rust on frame (left side)
-" " tank (left side)
-" " both exhaust
-rust inside of gas tank and gas cap
-wear and tear on seat
-both tires
-left foot peg
-left rear handle
-left clutch lever
-handle bar ends
-handle bar grips
-some road rash on the left side of the engine
-rear break line

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be doing some engine work since it has been sitting. Other than that, I'm also definitely going to be getting a new chain, break calipers, etc.

Biggest challenge for me is that I've never really done major work on a motorcycle before and thought this would be a great experience for me. This will be my first project and a lot of tips and instruction will be very much appreciated for my newb status haha. I'll also be referring to the site a lot. I'll provide some pictures and possibly video too with my progress.
Last edited by karlnad on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login