'93 Cafe racer from Norway

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
AleksanderMoRod
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi, guys.
This project has been going on since September 2015, but I never started a project thread. The project is really close to being "finished" (we all know these types of projects never finish), and I thought, better late than never.

I bought the bike really cheap (by Norwegian standards), and the bike was in a fairly good nick, consindering it had done 80k km.

Here's how it looked when I first bought it.

And here's how it looked during building.
I bought a fiberglass seat from the UK. Had to shorten in a few centimeters, and bend in the rear frame a few millimeters to make it fit. As you can see I shortened the frame. Replaced also the rear shock with a Honda CBR600 shock, which is a bit longer. Looks much nicer when it's a bit raised in the back.

I got the frame welded by a very skilled, professional welder.

And here's how the bike looks like right now (the tank and seat are only placed on the bike on the picture, not fastened).

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login