'92 Seca II "Scarlett" - Disaster..

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
Scape
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Wisconsin
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Seca 2

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:43 pm

I took her for a ride. The first real ride.

My bike was boggy and just not tuned correctly.
I tried using a cheap O2 and gauge and it just didn't work. So my bike was parked and left for the last few weeks.

I was out of town and my brother told me to come home, That he had something for me.
I came back and opened the box and it was a Wide band kit.

So, What did I do all day?

Well, I fixed the A/F on all 4 carbs, got it as close to 13.8ish as possible. Also, Synced all 4 carbs together.

After that, I took her for a ride. Last time I went for a ride I ended up dumping it.
So, I was kind of scared. I rode around a cul-de-sac for a while just getting used to braking and shifting.

I started adventuring, but nothing crazy. I went to the town over, rode around and stopped for gas. I had a gentleman come over and ask about my bike, which was pretty cool to me.

I drove about 40 mins away to LaCrosse. Met up with my family and followed them back.

I went out again later this evening and found a group of bikes in a parking lot. Pulled up and got to chat with them.
No one seemed to know that a "Seca II" existed. So, I got the chance to talk about my bike, all the work I've done and such.

So today was a lot of fun.

The only thing is: I have yet to get used to riding at faster speeds (55mph+)
I don't know if it was just super windy or what. I felt like the wind was going to blow me over and I was kinda nervous.
The wind kind of was giving me a little sway here and there, and I didn't like it.

Any tips?

Here's a few pictures. I tried to find a #65 sign to keep the counting thread going, but failed.

Here's a video my family took as I rode home. Potato quality, I know. I'm sorry. https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xap1 ... e=571452E1

Michaelphilip
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 yamaha xj600s

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:49 am

I dumped my bike the same way except someone slammed on their brakes in front of me and i grabbed a littleto much front and washed out same faring scrapes on the same side i didn't have engine gaurds so me covers got scuffed but before that mune was clean too i was more upset i messed my bike up than getting hurt so i just converted mine to a naked bike i tryed to attach a pic but it said it was to large ill edit them and post them
You can run but you will just die tired

buckinghamjf68
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Honda XL 125CC, XJ6 diversion

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:33 pm

[quote=S

The only thing is: I have yet to get used to riding at faster speeds (55mph+)
I don't know if it was just super windy or what. I felt like the wind was going to blow me over and I was kinda nervous.
The wind kind of was giving me a little sway here and there, and I didn't like it.

Any tips?

Wind is something you get used to after awhile and you begin to relax, the more you relax and let the bike do what it wants, the easy it will be to adjust steering around the worst of the gusts.

take it slow, get back in to it at your own pace, don't be pushed by others.

Good luck,

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto