1992 project payback

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Maddy
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi guys thought I would start my own thread.

A little history first I bought the bike in 2010 when I started my company (motorcycle couriers). I went against all advice from those saying to use bandits or pan Europeans and went for the xj, compared to the others I found saddle time very comfortable and it will munch miles all day then play when the feeling comes!! It has never let me down other than consumables (tyres, disks pads etc) we sold the company in late 2014 and the only thing I kept was my xj, after nearly 50,000 miles in the saddle it's become one of the family.

Now with the imminent arrival of my 2000 diversion it's time to 'pay back' the 92 with a fresh rebuild. As you can see my garage is pretty full so a new work space is needed. For this if just sold my other pride and joy my mint 2005 RX8

Now the 92 has just had fresh paint but I think it deserves better so now as it will not just be a commuter I'm thinking naked and modern. Here are a few of the parts already arrived

The fender is real carbon from a zx4r race bike and with slight mods fits easily using the stock xj bracket
The rack and luggage will move to my 2000 xj which I eventually want to make an adventureish tourer.

All projects always start with a downer and mine is the exhaust. After some strong winds the 92 was found the other morning resting on its side with the exhaust mount snapped and when I removed the end can it was rotten

so I'm going to look at fitting a 2008 xj6 under slung unit to tidy up the lines then look at a rear end swap but something different and single seat, and probably the well trodden fzr front, so watch this space!!!

Now to find a new work space the wife and kids can't take over.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login