Restoring a 93' XJ600S

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
StickyToes
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So I recently "rescued" a 93' XJ from a guy who did quite a number to it. So she's going to need a good bit of work. This is my first restoration so I'm going to need all the help I can get!

When I got it, it was spray painted (poorly) a bunch of different colors. Half the engine was white, and half silver. One exhaust pipe was silver and the other black. The tank was red, the front fairing was green and the back tan, this thing looked ridiculous. And on top of that the starter was cracked in half and had a huge hole in it, one of the spark plugs was badly cross-threaded, the swing arm was bent inward, and the back end was hacked off for some reason. But my favorite was the air filter; a cup with holes cut in it, and a dirty sock slipped over it! There's a lot more, but that's all the big stuff, it's amazing this bike ever ran at all.

I have just about everything I need to get it running again, now it's just a matter of cleaning it up, reprinting it and getting it put back together.

Here are some pics of how it looks now. When I find the photos of when I first got it, I'll post those too ( I think I have a photo of this guy's "air filter" somewhere).

This topic has 63 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login