Introduction/Progression of 93 Seca II

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
ammvio54
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hi all,

I'm still fairly new to this site and finally have some free time to show everyone my beauty :). I bought it in 2011 for $950. The front end had been bashed in by a previous owner; the guy I bought it from said he rebuilt the front forks and such. This means it was missing the front fairing along all the other cosmetics and it needed a new clutch put in. I wasn't afraid of a small project though so I went ahead and bought it.

The first picture I took of it (sorry for the bad quality)

Another view of the front. It had an old speedo and only one rear mirrors.

After that I bought an original speedo.

After this, it's a little bit of a blur. I put in a new clutch, changed out gaskets on the header, adjusted the cams, and repainted the exhaust pipes along with the master cylinder, new levers, fixed the kickstand, etc. I also made a custom side fairing out of metal to cover the wires, etc.

I then made the harder one, a custom fairing to fit around the speedo, headlight and turn signals. I will admit, it was frustrating but with some help of my dad I got it put on and added some trim to make it look better.

I've put on new tires as well along with other normal maintenance. The last picture isn't too recent but is how it looks currently pretty much. Right now I'm having issues with my carbs and am in contact with Radare about his cleaning service; since I can't seem to figure out the solution.

In the near future I would like to either sell it or put more money into it--cosmetically. I'd really like to keep it but we'll see. I'm about to start grad school and might need the money (hopefully not ;) ). It's going to need a new seat cover soon (beginning to crack badly). There is also a dent in the gas tank that's about 3/4 inch deep probably--I'm assuming the owner who crashed the front did this. I'm also debating a new paint job but that's far off--the paint is starting to fade on the back and side panels.

Thanks so much for everything on this site and for the ideas! Leave you guys with a question; do you have any ideas about getting the dent out? I've tried heating it a little with a hair dryer and then dry ice. You guys think I need more heat?? Or should I just go to an automotive place. I'll post a picture of it sometime in the next few days.

This topic has 93 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login