Hardtail Divvy

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
hornet6
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi everyone. I,me new to the site, and thought this would be a good place to show MY divvy project. Its taken me a few years and is no where near finished. Family...work commitments..lack of money...blah blah, I,me sure some of you have been there where your dream of doing something or achieving something is the last on the list,and I,me sure you dont want to hear me moan on. The thing is....every time I open the garage door and walk in, I dont want to give up on it.
Anyway, back to the project. This is my very first build.I made a jig and built my frame even before I bought an engine. I always intended to use a japanese 4 cylinder engine...air cooled so there would be no radiator and pipes all over the place. I bought a set of kawasaki gpz 1000 forks and wheels from stafford auto jumble. Then, on ebay, a yam diversion 600 engine was up for sale, which I bought for £100. Other than that, all the other bits and pieces I have made myself.... engine brackets, exhaust, air-filters, seat pan, leaf spring under the seat. Still got lots to do,but it keeps my mind occupied.
I also bought a wiring loom and had a guy wire up just a temporary ignition just to try the engine to make sure it works ok...which it did...sort of, but more about that later. As soon as I can sort out how to put photos on here, I will get some on. On another note, is there anybody else on here thats building anything similar to this.

This topic has 40 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login