Naked XJ-Racer from Finland

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
a-v
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Heya,
I just bought an XJ on a whim yesterday. ;) It's a 1995 Diversion 600 XJS in the papers with almost 100 000km on the clock. Previous owner had it 2 years and drove it twice and did absolutely nothing to the bike as maintenance. Tires are also from 2005 and look like brand new so I am guessing the kilometers on the clock were done in the first 10 years.

However from the looks of it you could not guess the age or distance traveled so it must have been well looked after before PO. Also the engine has A LoT of punch and runs amazingly well. It yanks up the front tire on hard accel easily on 1-2 gear change and I can feel it on the 2-3 as well. Really liking this bike already. It does make me wonder if the engine has been replaced as I did not expect this much grunt from a 600cc.

Everything seems to work fine but I will give it a full maintenance during the upcoming winter and take it back on the road once the snow is gone likely in March. It is already below freezing here in Finland so riding isnt really sensible anymore.

As for me - this is my third bike (one bobber and one cafe racer built from '79 Hondas) as I mostly play with my cars. Short list on the ones I have now is as follows: 1970 AMC Hornet SST 2D 343cid, 1969 AMC Rebel SST 2D hardtop 360cid, 1980 AMC Eagle Sport 4x4 STW 258cid and the wife' s Jeep Cherokee Limited XJ. You can likely guess I don't follow the crowd... ;)

Heres a couple pics.

I will start a project story shortly but if you would be so kind - could you check if you see any modifications done to the bike from the pics...? It would help out... ;)
Last edited by a-v on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

This topic has 42 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login