Introduction and my 1992 XJ600 Diversion

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
buckinghamjf68
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hello Guy's

Some one on another forum kindly pointed me in this direction for people with a bit more experience with the older XJ6. So thanks for giving me membership..

A little about me, I would describe myself as a novice rider as I have very little motorcycling experience, in fact I only started riding a motorcycle February 2014 but I love it. Surprisingly my new found love for motorcycles has crept into almost every aspect of my life, as if I am not riding I am normally tinkering.

And it's this tinkering that has led me to posting this thread.

I have purchased aXJ6 as a project bike, with very little mechanical knowledge I have decided to convert a1992 Diversion XJ6 into a naked streetfighter. Now given the state of the bike when I received it, the bike needed a complete strip down to the frame, a degunk, which is about where I am now.

The bike is stripped and I have ground down the fairing mount points at the front, I was planning to paint the parts myself, but have been looking at powder-coat options as I wasn't aware you could powder-coat different colours. I said i was a novice Smile

The videos on my you tube channel shows the progress also provides what I hope to do with the bike.

Given my complete novice status, there are bound to be parts where i get stuck or just need a second opinion, which is where hopefully you guys come in. Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the membership, take care and ride safe..
Last edited by buckinghamjf68 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 76 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login