Radare's '97 Seca II Restoration (aka Project Mousetrap)

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

[center]Image[/center]

I drove out to Aurora tonight and brought home a '97 Seca II. It's been down on the right side, has damage to the tail fairing, main fairing, handlebar end, levers, right-side mirror and exhaust. The guy I bought it from bought it in 2002 and could never get it running. I'm guessing he then stored it outside under a tarp and it's been there until we drug it out of the weeds tonight. I mentioned the forum to him and he's joined us: Crazysecaguy. Keep an eye out for him and his red '96.

It's going to be a good winter project. Once I have it registered, I plan to tear it down to the frame and rebuild it into a medium-range tourer. Fortunately, I have many of the spare parts needed to get it back together. Also, fortunately again, it has the belly pan and it has the hardware; so I can finally get a photo of what the pan hardware looks like and where it mounts.

Stay tuned.

This topic has 548 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login