Since it's way too cold to be out in the garage for more than 10 minutes, I decided to spend some time and cover the seat. I used some marine grade vinyl I had laying around from another project.
Here's the seat foam as it came to me. Note the missing chunk:
And the vinyl I'm using. It's stamped marine grade on the backside. This makes it much more stable to water and UV light, making it a good choice for a motorcycle seat:
To fill in the missing piece, I needed some foam. I didn't have any left from my BMW seat but I did have an old bicycle seat to cut up:
To glue the patch in, I used 3M's Super 77. It's good stuff!:
I cut a piece of foam from the bicycle seat and fitted it. I glued it in and shaped it with a belt sander. Not too bad:
I then threw the vinyl in the dryer to warm it up a bit and began covering:
This was an iterative process of stapling, pulling, stretching and more stapling. I probably pulled and re-stapled a hundred staples to get the cover to fit:
Heres the cover, about the time I got a blister from the stapler. I thought this was good enough:
And the finished seat with the parcel strap added:
This is the same process I used on the '92's seat and it's held up great for two years now. I hope this one will last at least that long. Ultimately I'd like to get the cover used on the Diversion as I like the looks of it. But this'll do!