Project REject

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
RobRoh
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey all, new guy on the forum in for my second or third post. Decided what better time than in the middle of my project to start my project thread!

Alright, gonna be a little slow moving as I'm currently in the middle of 2.5 projects lol so here goes the beginning.

Got a good, terribly nasty rainy day outside so I couldn't work on the cars, decided to work on the bike instead.

Torn down a bit. Bike has been sitting for 5 years or so as per previous owner so of course first things first, check the carbs out.

Carbs off, not terribly dirty under there but not exactly clean... Tons of stink bugs and dirt dobbers all in the nooks and crannies, so a little compressed air takes care of all that!
Bought one of those compressor engine cleaner wands from harbor freight about 6 months ago and I've just been ITCHING to use it so i guess the chance will come soon.

I don't know if you can see it that well but good GOD that's disgusting! All four weren't that bad, but this wasn't the worst one lol. 2/4 of the floats are almost seized in place so noww....

Decided they needed a good long bath so that's where I am currently.

I'll keep posted and update with pics and the like as I go.

Thanks guys!
Here's my crappy project thread! http://xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4980

This topic has 89 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login