Golden Egg - Yamaha seca II 600

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Create a project page and tell us about the things you're doing to your XJ.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II

Re: Golden Egg - Yamaha seca II 600

Post by radare » Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Those will probably be obnoxious. They are so short I can't see them actually muffling any sound. As an exercise, unbolt and remove your existing mufflers and then take the bike for a quick round-the-block. If you are okay with the way that sounds, these should be good. Otherwise, you might want to look for a different solution.

Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
Region or State: LONG ISLAND NY
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Yamaha Seca II 92

Re: Golden Egg - Yamaha seca II 600

Post by Bigfeet51 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

radare wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm
Those will probably be obnoxious. They are so short I can't see them actually muffling any sound. As an exercise, unbolt and remove your existing mufflers and then take the bike for a quick round-the-block. If you are okay with the way that sounds, these should be good. Otherwise, you might want to look for a different solution.
Radare, I have ridden my Seca without the exhaust and that sound is annoying, but I didn't think this exhaust would sound like that. I've seen many Youtube videos with this exhaust which made me believe I would get the same results. I guess what I am hearing on the video isn't going to be same in person.

I assumed that the exhaust would sound something similar to this :lolno:
phpBB [video]