Golden Egg - Yamaha seca II 600

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
Region:: LONG ISLAND NY
Motorcycles:: Yamaha Seca II 92
St Lucia

Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 am

Every time I look at me Seca certain things about it irk my nerves. Here are the things that bother me.
I need to touch up these parts with some paint
Cant quite remeber, but i think i purchased a cheap gasket which caused a serious oil leak. I replaced it, however my engine looks like crap. This bother me the most :cry:. I am so tired of painting my headers. I will try VHT this time to see how well it holds up.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region:: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles:: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Mon May 09, 2016 8:24 am

Get a couple bottles of black touchup paint in various sheens (flat, low gloss) and touch up those nicks in the black.

For the headers, the only real options are to have the coated or install stainless headers. The black paint just doesn't hold up (my scramblers headers look the same, all chipped up).
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

I have three good days of great weather coming our way, my center bolt doesn't arrive until Friday, so it's either I take the center stand off and ride or wait till it comes on Friday and suffer. Putting that center stand on was hell.... What should I do? :)

SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Region:: Michigan
Motorcycles:: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
United States of America

Tue May 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Find another bolt of any type that will fit through the hole, and put a lock nut on the other side. I wouldn't use it that way, but that should at least keep it stable in the up position so you can ride.

That, or just zip tie the whole thing to the frame if there's a good place to do so.
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Tue May 10, 2016 4:19 pm

SpeedRacerOnline wrote:Find another bolt of any type that will fit through the hole, and put a lock nut on the other side. I wouldn't use it that way, but that should at least keep it stable in the up position so you can ride.

That, or just zip tie the whole thing to the frame if there's a good place to do so.
I ended up taking it off. I usually take long rides with a group to Stamford Connecticut and we're leaving in 10 mins. I used a bolt and nut from my spare parts but it wouldn't hold the center stand stable. A zip tie probably would've held it in position... Damn
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Haven't had enough time to do much riding this year nor work on my other Seca. Uncovered my bike today, did a little inspection and found this :ponder: . Not sure what's wrong.

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region:: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles:: Yamaha TT600 / BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 am

I'd clean it up and ride it to see if anything new comes out. Then you ought to be able to trace where it comes from as well. Doesn't seem to originate there. Can't think of where it would come from.
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:20 am

arnehulstein wrote:I'd clean it up and ride it to see if anything new comes out. Then you ought to be able to trace where it comes from as well. Doesn't seem to originate there. Can't think of where it would come from.
Cleaned it up the same day and will take it for a ride tomorrow to see where all this is exactly coming from.
Jimbo
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region:: IL
Motorcycles:: 1994 Yamaha Seca II

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Looks like the float bowl gasket on that carb right at that screw head and then is leaking down and collecting near the carb drain. Leaving the ugly evaporating gas stain. Had it happen on my bike a couple of times.
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:07 am

I am officially pissed off with the front fairing and will be going naked. I am in need of a few things and I want to run it by you guys first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... .&_sacat=0 Purchased Already

https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Headlight- ... adlight+h4 Is this the right one?

Cant find a stock look speedometer so I'm leaning towards
http://www.trailtech.net/752-704

Any input from you guys would be great

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us