Golden Egg - Yamaha seca II 600

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Those will probably be obnoxious. They are so short I can't see them actually muffling any sound. As an exercise, unbolt and remove your existing mufflers and then take the bike for a quick round-the-block. If you are okay with the way that sounds, these should be good. Otherwise, you might want to look for a different solution.

Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
Region or State: LONG ISLAND NY
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Yamaha Seca II 92
St Lucia

Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

radare wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm
Those will probably be obnoxious. They are so short I can't see them actually muffling any sound. As an exercise, unbolt and remove your existing mufflers and then take the bike for a quick round-the-block. If you are okay with the way that sounds, these should be good. Otherwise, you might want to look for a different solution.
Radare, I have ridden my Seca without the exhaust and that sound is annoying, but I didn't think this exhaust would sound like that. I've seen many Youtube videos with this exhaust which made me believe I would get the same results. I guess what I am hearing on the video isn't going to be same in person.

I assumed that the exhaust would sound something similar to this :lolno:
phpBB [video]

Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 am

What's going on guys/gals?. It's been a while since I've been on here and a lot has happened in the few months that I've been gone. I attempted to sell my Seca and two separate buyers gave me good offers but I refused and thought about all the work, time and money that I put in to my bike. I have made the decision to stop complaining about my Seca and just deal with what I have. I have several mods that I want for my Seca and in the next few months I will attempt to make them.

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Welcome back and congratulations on that decision. I could never make that. That is why I now have a GS and I bet that is not going to be my last bike. ;)

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Welcome back! I think I would like a second bike - I really like the XJ, but there are times where I just want something, well, ...I was going to say different, but what I really mean is FASTER!

But I need the money to buy a second bike and the minor miracle of convincing Mrs Jim that a second bike is absolutely neccessary, and in no way a needless extravagance.

Wish me luck!
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
St Lucia

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm
Welcome back! I think I would like a second bike - I really like the XJ, but there are times where I just want something, well, ...I was going to say different, but what I really mean is FASTER!

But I need the money to buy a second bike and the minor miracle of convincing Mrs Jim that a second bike is absolutely neccessary, and in no way a needless extravagance.

Wish me luck!
I agree with you 100%! I have a CBR 1000 and the bike is great, but after riding it I jump on the Seca and I get disappointed quickly. I usually ride with friends and the Seca just cant keep up. Riding the Seca is so much fun, however, I wish there was a way to boost up the hoarse power :cry: . I know that I shouldn't be comparing a 1992 motorcycle to any of the modern bikes now but it would be awesome to switch the motor to something a little more powerful. Let me stop complaining before I start crying :cry:

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds! A CBR1000 for hooning around with your mates and the Seca for the times where you're out on your own and fancy slowing it down a little :-)

I'd love a big, stupid naked bike. Something like a BMW K1200R, KTM Superduke, maybe a Speed Triple.

But I really like the XJ for different reasons and wouldnt want to be without it either.
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm

You ought to get yourself a Royal Enfield next to the XJ. Then you'll appreciate the extra power. :D (Oh, and you can grab a 2017 Royal Enfield so you can really compare it to a 25 year old bike. ;) )

webman94
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: arizona
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm

I get the same urge every few months, but then I take a nice ride at my own pace, and realize that things are actually pretty good. I'll probably make a change at some point, but the Seca really fits how I ride, so there's no rush!

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:28 am

arnehulstein wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm
You ought to get yourself a Royal Enfield next to the XJ. Then you'll appreciate the extra power. :D (Oh, and you can grab a 2017 Royal Enfield so you can really compare it to a 25 year old bike. ;) )
Yup. What he said ^^

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us