Project 'DIVVY'

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Coop
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hoorah... I've worked out how to post pics... So without further ado, I'll present my project so far...

Here is my 1996 XJ600s Diversion, which I bought off of E-bay in March 2011 for £400...

As can be seen in the pics, the previous owner had attempted to make it look like a 'Naked', but left the fairing clocks on (yuk)...

However, I wanted something like this for my first project bike...

Initially I decided that I was going to 'restore it' back to how it should look like, and sourced parts for it...

I then set about taking the bike back to bare bones, stripping it down completely, cleaning all the parts taken off, and making sure all the small items were bagged and labelled accordingly...

Here are a few pics of the Frame, Swing Arm and Wheels prior to painting...

I decided to go White and Black, although did initially fancy Yellow and Black (love those colours)... However, I noticed there weren't many White and Blacks, so went with it (it was also cheaper)... Frame, Swing Arm and Wheels were all powder coated after being sand blasted...

I then had all the plastics sprayed white by a colleague of mine...

I then set about putting it back together, after cleaning the engine etc, and got as far as this...

I replaced the front light back to an original, along with the fairing bracket, and swapped the motorcross handle bars back to an original set also...
It then sat like this for one and a half years thanks to the breakdown of my marriage, and the fact that I couldn't get it over to where I am living now...

Thankfully, I managed to find a colleague who had a bike trailer, and got her 'home' last week... I immediately started to take her to bits again, as I have gained some ideas from this site...

More pics will be posted on how I am getting on with the MKII version (currently sat at work on a night shift, so don't have access to all of my bike pics, and will no doubt be in trouble if I get caught, lol)...
You can't work in a flour Mill, and not get any dust on ya!!!

This topic has 148 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login