my r6 tail mod

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
necody1
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

ok so i started a lil thread in mods section but i guess i should start a project thread.. little history i guess would help its a 96 seca II that was wrecked and i bought it from a guy who had bought it from a junkyard just a few weeks before i bought it from him. it still has the junkyard tag on the tank ha. but despite the damage it seems to ride just fine and runs and starts pretty darn good! unfortunately it has no title so ill have to bond for it but i hear its not too expensive. needs all kinds of stuff too. it needs both clutch and front brake levers. they are functional but both are chipped and a tab on the clutch lever is broken so its kinda flimsy. and i think its called the stator cover(plastic cover) on the motor? that has a crack in it. tank has a couple dents. bike is still dirty etc.. but i guess it will suit my desire.. im workin on a r6 tail conversion and ive started taking apart just about everything on the rear end but not gonna jump to far until i get a seat to measure up. i still need the front seat, either a rear seat or seat cowl, and some integrated tail lights. the lights are like 20 bucks on ebay so no sweat there. the cowl has a couple scuffs and scratches on the one side as you can probably see in the pics. but the plastic is solid and with a lil sanding and possibly a tiny bit of bondo to make it perfect before paint. i have a pretty good idea of where i think im gonna have to cut the frame. ill take some way better pics of everything soon along the way but heres a couple pics just messin around with it in my packed garage.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login