my r6 tail mod

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 am

Nelsonmd wrote:
Seca2 wrote:It would be really sweet to tuck the exhaust under the tail, not sure how you would run the pipes, but that's just another thought that would clean it up....

Also, how about painting the whole bike the color of the tail, that would be different...
The bikes that have that feature have a much more inclined tail angle, allowing more clearance under the tail. I think you would not be able to clear your rear tire at full stuff unless you made a very custom muffler that is very flat and can basically sit inside the subframe. Of course that might inadvertantly give you a seat warmer too, which could be a plus on cold days. Not so much for the summer though.
:idea: to make clearance for an undertail exhaust. If you do a monoshock mod to raise your tail height. The only problem that would arise in this would be an increased rake angle which may become slightly squirly at highway speeds.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

necody1
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 96 Seca II

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:30 pm

im still here guys if anyone was wondering how its coming along.. i have decided to seek and buy the r6 subframe like was suggested earlier after doing some more and more welding to this frankenstein. im afraid im going to have a tough time getting the plastics to sit comfortably without them eventually cracking and etc after hitting some bumps and etc. so im gonna get the r6 subframe and try to weld that up being much easier that way everything like lights, undertail, seat cowls etc would infact just bolt right up safely and secure .. gonna cost me like 150 for the subframe and not quite the top of my spending list at this sec. but wait on it. it will be done by spring/summer as im excited to ride the damn thing

Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Region or State: Motor City (MI)
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 XJ600, 2006 SV650

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Sounds like a fun project.
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93