success!!

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
docter911
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

i successfully opened up my xj for some surgery and checked my valve clearances today. it was surprisingly easy, i didnt break my tappet tool and no change in the curse jar. i did have to change the cam cover gasket and trying to get the new gasket to sit properly on the engine and in the grooves of the cover took longer than checking my clearances. i tried putting a bit of oil in the groove. that helped a bit but still a back and forth process of fitting one side then having the gasket move and having to fix the other side. unfortunately the shop i go to isnt open till tuesday :blech:

also do the OEM orings that seal the screws for the cam cover look different than what came originally on the xj? the new ones are green and have a few different features but are the same size. ive tried to upload pictures but i keep getting a "server IO error"

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login