Beltway Assault Vehicle

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
timmythecop
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

As I have stated here before, I picked up my Seca for cheap to use as a commuter to stop beating on my beloved VFR. Well, to add to my notion that there are good looking bikes, I really started to like it. I am turning it into the B.A.V.-Beltway Assault Vehicle. I live just outside DC and work in the city, and we have the planet's worst traffic. Needed was a re-jet, forks and bags. Got the bags done after a thousand attempts to fabricate my own fitment with Givi stuff I had laying around. Check. I added some lights where the front turn signals were. Check. Plastidipped the whole kaboodle. Check. The re-jet went ok once I re-cleaned the bowl needles and stemmed the overflow of gas. Used 105 mains and 20 pilots. I also went maybe too far on the mixture screws at 3.5 turns out, but I would rather be rich than lean. Now I just have to get off my ass and powdercoat my YZF fork lowers and chuck that front end on. I tried the YZF and an FZR1000 rear wheel, but no joy. Good thing FZR600 wheels are cheap.

as it sits now:
...can I convince you to paint it flat black?

This topic has 66 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login