junkyard XJ reborn

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Connor_311
New to XJR
New to XJR

ok so i got an xj in the fall at my local yard for a $100, bad motor and no title. went on ebay found a frame and engine with title not far away from me so i went out and picked them up for 400. not bad. since winter started ive been picking away at it and have been doing serious work the last week. heres where im at. sorry cell pics today. forgot my camera. no web at home in the boonies so i have to go to my moms or the library.. :(
anyway let the pics do the talking

what i started with.

where thats at now:

new frame prepped for primer:

tank primed:

plastics:

Im a mechanic at an auto restoration shop so i have everything set up for me. paint booth, media blasting and all that. my goal here is not a restoration, but a pretty decent xj for under a grand. not going all out on it like on some of my other bikes. just going to spray it black and make sure shes up to snuff on the mechanical end and ride the hell out of it and get the best bang for my buck.

as soon as i remeber my camera ill get you the good pics and many more of them. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Connor_311 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login