XJ 750 Cafe Racer

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Icarus
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I picked up the other day a 1981 Yamaha Seca XJ750 with 6k miles on it that has been sitting in storage for the past 15 years. So easy to say i have my work cut out for me.I got the bike along with 2 Tanks and sets of fairings. This is going to be my cafe racer project and i have a lot of ideas for what i want to do with it, but before i begin on any of that i have to get it to run again.

I took off all the fairings and tank to see what i'm looking at, From the outside everything looks good, since it was in storage there is no rot anywhere. There were no signs of a previous accident, forks and rims are straight and in all honesty it looks pretty damn good. My first Hurdle will be the carbs and cleaning out the gas tanks. I already picked up the new battery for it and all the lights work just fine.

I realized after i took everything off you might want pictures of everything on, so i put it on but it wasnt bolted on so it might look a little wonky.

Also if anyone knows where i can get or has the PDF for the 81 750 Manual for free i would really appreciate it before i just go ahead and buy it. Thanks in advance.

-Lex-
Port Saint Lucie Florida
1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca 2

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login