Project Puzzle - 1992 XJ

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Shadowfind
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

I recently picked up a 1992 XJ that was being used as a parts bike. I intend on creating a naked style XJ if I can figure out how all the peices go back together. I know there are a few parts missing, and others that need to be repaired. Most concerning though is the front sprocket. It's very loose and the PO had mentioned that it needs a new bearing and seal. I haven't done any type of engine or transmission work before so I'm not sure where to start or if it's even possible for me to fix on my own. Here is a picture of the bike as it was when I picked it up. The engine was already out of it.

There are a few parts that I don't recognize and I'm not sure what they are or where they go. So, is everyone ready for a session of name that part? I'll post all the pictures with a number, once I finish all the picture postings I'll post again with just a list of numbers that can be quoted and added to until everything is identified. Also, if you notice anything missing, feel free to let me know! This is going to be slow moving project but I'll try to keep the pictures coming...
Last edited by Shadowfind on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 128 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login