What to do!

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Callum
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

My xj600s passed it's MOT(retest) today! :yikes: with no advisories!

So the question stands, where do I go from here, do I try tart her up or just restore it? I like the idea and look of the naked front ends some of you guys have done, but it seems like a bit too much work for me to take on for my first bike! So I might just try fix and smooth out the body and get it resprayed to tidy it up abit!

After the first MOT it needed new rear shock and tyres, so I put on the shock from an ER6 (ninja 650 I do believe) but now I have done this I need longer stands as my center stand hardly touches the floor and my side stand feels like it is too short!!

I am a young'un and not living with an older male with mechanical experience to share, I also have limited tools to go with my little knowledge (and a very limited bank account)! So I bring it to you guys to guide me :)

So I was wondering for starters what stands from other bikes would go on without to much hassle?
And also wanted to pick someones brains my air box doesn't seem to fit over the top of my carbs :/ which surely lets in unfiltered air and can't be good for the engine!

Any input is valued!
Cheers guys!

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login