93 Goes to the Cafe Shop

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
bhppy101
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey All,

Just thought I would share...I am new to the site and after seeing all of the XJ600's I thought they would make a great platform for a cafe racer. They are pretty light and have a decent looking frame when you strip them down naked!

I chopped the rear end and welded in some bottom supports along with closing up the back end with a hoop. Stripped the frame of all of its mounting tabs

I put all of the electronics and battery under the seat.... which I had plenty of room left to put anything else.

I shaped a fiberglass seat and seat pan... foamed and upholstered the pan.... painted everything black (was stock green before hand) with a sunburst red stripe down the center.... added some wide clubman handlebars... fabbed up a headlight mount using an old mount from a KZ750... fabbed up a speedometer bracket for the mini speedo.... Relocated the horn... and Im sure I missed a bunch of other little things but heres what she looks like now:

Last edited by bhppy101 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login