dksix's 92 Seca II

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
dksix
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I don't plan to make this bike a project, this bike is going to be ridden often and down rarely. In my introduction thread I posted pictures that was sent to me from the PO, when we were discussing the trade. I'm going to repost them here, to reference my starting point.
I got it the first week of Sept 2012. I traded an 89 Mazda 323 that was given to me by my aunt when she bought a new car. The car was non running due to a bad alternator and was in need up maintenance. After everything I did to the car I had a total of $475 in it but I drove it to work for a year, which saved me $20-$22 a week in fuel. There are a couple of ways to look at what I have in the bike but for the sake of simplification, I consider myself to be $500 into it now (tags and reregistration was $33). Keeping up with the cost is very important to me, I always try to keep the money spent under market value. I figure I can easily get $1500 out of the bike, in season, in my market area, in top shape. It has good tires and the only obvious flaw is the cracked upper right fairing. Less obvious flaws are; light sanding marks show in the tank where a dent has been repaired will body filler, orange peel at the edges of the fairing where they have been repaint (my guess is better quality rattle can), 2 chips in the right rear panel where the OEM paint is showing (slight miss match in color), some scraping on left engine cover and some very light surface rust on some of the chromed bolt heads. Yes, I'm detailed oriented.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login