Project Racing Stripe

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Rufjvm69
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

My naked project which I'm calling Racing Stripe is a go (whether the wife knows it or not :quiet: ). I decided I just like the naked look more than the cut down fairing even though it is an improvement over stock. Got a good deal on some FZ600 gauges, $30 shipped for speedo and tach which are supposed to be in working order. Just ordered a new headlight/turn signal combo which I linked below. Once the season is up it's time for a full tune up and new paint. I have yet to decide on colors. I'm thinking either leaving the frame red, which would be easier, and painting the tank and rear plastics black with a red 3 stripe racing stripe down the middle. The other option which I think I like the idea of more is painting the frame black and using Duplicolor Metal Specks retro red on the tank and rear plastics with black racing stripes. I just don't know if I want to go so far as removing the engine to paint the frame.

Headlight: http://www.speedmotoco.com/product-p/smc-64313.00.htm

This topic has 40 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login