Project Haru my XJ

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Nendo-Ton
Warning, Zombies Ahead!
Warning, Zombies Ahead!

I don't know exactly how to start off. I'm wanting to bring my bike back to factory, minus a few little details. Carbs & air flow will probably be upgraded as much as possible. I'm not the best mechanic so I'll probably need a few tips. When I bought the bike she wouldn't run. The gas tank was filled with rusty gas & the battery was dead. So I filled the tank with some distilled water & pea gravel & placed it in a concrete mixer for a few days Lol. Worked like a charm! Pristine glossy metal on the inside once again. Also used the tank cleaner & sealer. Bought a new petcock & ran new hoses for the fuel. I cleaned the carbs & replaced all the needle seats. Progress was being made, until someone backed over my Haru & pushed her left side down up onto the side walk. Insurance company gave me 600 for the damages. Just finished replacing oil pan gasket(which is probably easier if you take the engine off the bike) & the clutch housing gasket (had a problem with the clutch cable not engaging, fixed it though). So now, no oil leaks & mostly cosmetic work now. Finally. Wanting to keep the Silver, Yellow, Black theme & do Star Trek Mirror Universe decals on her later. I know ... I'm a nerd. Here's some pics right after the damage from stupid drivers that don't pay any attention to anything.

They Knocked her down on her left side & pushed her on the sidewalk. Broke the clutch lever & fairing among other things.

Broke the taillight housing & lens. Plus the center rear fairing piece.

Caused a bigger oil leak ]:
Fixed the oil leaks last week [:

& here's over all pics
Last edited by Nendo-Ton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Nendo-Ton / Clayton
Image Image Image

This topic has 86 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login