The Rose Colored Revitalization

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
904seca
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Since I acquired this machine two and a half weeks ago, I have found broken bits, carburetor monsters, broken petcoquery, irradiated paint, rust demons and realized that the neglect fairy had fully blessed it. I started with this:

Here's where I've gotten thus far:

Frame is painted, Ford Cardinal Red... so she matches my Mustang. It's a rattle-can special, and looks better from a distance. A painter I am not...

And the replacement carburetors have arrived. After a radare inspired cleaning, here:

Now, these carburetors came off a 97, with choke controls on the handlebar. I have the cable and contol coming, but in my haste, I neglected to photograph the carbs BEFORE I started, to have a guide to put it back together, and I can't seem to get it together right, as far as the choke rail. Any assistance is welcome.

Also, I'm looking for factory style tank decals (YAMAHA) in white, any sources?

Tank is primed,sanded, repeated three times, sealed and painted with the first coat of red. (Ran outta paint.) More coming, and photos as it progresses.
Last edited by 904seca on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 92 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login